Schools and Colleges

Search committee members for Whitman School dean announced

The Daily Orange File Photo

The Whitman School is looking for a new dean after its former dean, Kenneth Kavajecz, was arrested on the charge of patronizing a prostitute.

Syracuse University Vice Chancellor and Provost Michele Wheatly announced on Tuesday the members of the dean search committee for the Martin J. Whitman School of Management.

The committee is made up of SU leaders, faculty, staff and Board of Trustees representatives. The search process will be an effort between the search committee and students, faculty, staff and alumni of the Whitman School.

Michael Haynie, executive  director  of the Institute for Veterans and Military Families, will chair the committee, according to an SU News release.

S.P. Raj, a distinguished professor of marketing and marketing department chair, in currently serving as interim dean of the Whitman School.

Wheatly said the position will attract the “best and brightest minds in business education.”

The search for a new dean comes after Kenneth Kavajecz was removed from his position as the school’s dean and placed on administrative leave after being arrested on a misdemeanor charge of patronizing a prostitute in the third  degree.

These are the members of the committee:

• Cindie Adams, executive director of alumni & corporate relations
  • Kofi Appiah, professor of accounting practice
  • Amber Anand, Edward Pettinella Professor of Finance
  • Alexis Audrine Drickel, graduate representative
  • Natarajan Balasubramanian, associate professor of management
  • Craig Boise, dean of the College of Law
  • Joseph Comprix, chair of the Joseph I. Lubin School of Accounting and associate professor of accounting
  • Don Harter, associate dean for master’s programs and associate professor of accounting
  • James D. Kuhn ’70, G’72, University Trustee and chair of the Whitman School Advisory Board
  • Eunkyu Lee, professor of marketing
  • Deb Leone ’86, G’87, University Trustee
  • Daniela Lisa ’17, undergraduate representative
  • Maria Minniti, Bantle Chair in Entrepreneurship and Public Policy
  • Amanda Nicholson, associate dean of undergraduate programs and professor of retail practice